Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spicy Thai Ballad

 
Julius Nyerere Avenue, this quiet thursday night, September ninth
I was walking towards the Thai restaurant after my stomach reminded me to feed my system. Earphones glued to my ears, i-Pod playing in stereo.
I crossed a friend on the way, said hi and walked away.
Life resumed, it was just another night I presumed.
I wasn’t prepared for such a warm reception.
No it can’t be what I did see.
No, my mind’s dreaming at home, roaming, I’m yawning, falling asleep,
I couldn’t be falling for her…deep.
She had me at “hello” as I crossed the threshold.
I’m fading (exhale), she was sympathetic, baby girl just had it.
Her description could take a while,
soft, cinnamon-like skin, you should have seen her pearly smile.
Hair was wavy like a newborn baby’s.
Reminiscent of my first real crush,
except she was Mozambican flavoured, baby girl gave me a rush!
-“Boa noite”, she welcomed effervescently.

Err what am I here for? Ohh I can hear my stomach roar, that’s it

- “Boa noite, eu venho encomendar um arroz, qual é que recomendas?”.

Smooth Ed, except there was something else you shoulda said

I couldn’t think, GOD this girl was alluring, she smiled first, she smiled back, through those perky rosy lips.
I was so clumsy, I could have accidentally sinked in them.

What am I here for again? Oh yeah I’m hungry

She suggested fried rice with eggs and spice.
I placed my order…this girl…despite of my eye disorder.
After all this time, that I was strolling through cloud nine,
ironically I forgot my money. I couldn’t find a coin, note or wallet in my pockets.
I did react, got up and said I’d be right back.
She turned to me and said they needed my contact.
-“082932102”, I recited
-“Nome?”
-“Edgar”
I should have made a remark, instead I ran back looking for scraps like a hood rat.
How could I have forgotten my credit card, I’m such a retard.
Anyways, I grabbed it and took some time to spray some Baldessarini.
Walked back, now she could hear me.
-“Demorei?”, I asked in a quirky tone.
She gave off a chuckle, just then I wanted to hold her, buckled.
I walked through to pay my due, I’m 100% she smelt my scent.
Picked up my pack, insured I left an impact,
though not sufficient in my eyes. I said goodbye.
As I walked back I turned seeing she was looking at me.
Heartthrob, that is the real meaning you see.
Immortalized in this Spicy Thai Ballad.
                                                                                      Edgar Munguambe Maputo, 100904

No comments:

Post a Comment